of the position
As researcher, you will work with cross functional team members to Research, design, implement and validate cutting-edge algorithms to analyze diverse sources of data to achieve targeted outcomes.
- Work with cross-functional team members to identify and prioritize actionable, high-impact insights across a variety of core business areas
- Research, design, implement and validate cutting-edge algorithms to analyze diverse sources of data to achieve targeted outcomes
- Provide expertise on mathematical concepts for the broader applied analytics team and inspire the adoption of advanced analytics and data science across the entire breadth of our organization
- Continuously track emerging technologies both within NEC organisation and external, evaluate them and recommend the right technologies for the solutions
- Setup, present and demonstrate solutions/products/prototypes from the lab in exhibitions
- Ph.D. or Master’s Degree in operations research, applied statistics, data mining, machine learning, physics or a related quantitative discipline
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in a relevant capacity
- Deep understanding of statistical and predictive modeling concepts, machine- learning approaches, clustering and classification techniques, and recommendation and optimization algorithms
- Expert in analyzing large, complex, multi-dimensional datasets with a variety of tools
- Good knowledge and experience in database technologies
- Good programming skills in C/C++, Java, Python and/or R. Good experience in the use of statistical analysis environments such as R, MATLAB, SPSS or SAS preferred
- Good experience with Bl tools such as Power Bl, Tableau and Microstrategy, or the equivalent
- Experience in delivering world-class data science outcomes, to solve complex analytical problems using quantitative approaches with a unique blend of analytical, mathematical and technical skills is desirable
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge and experience in the Public Safety and Transportation domains will have advantage
- Due to work authorisation reason, we are seeking for Singaporean citizens only
Interested applicants are invited to send your latest resume to in MS Word format via Job Street.
Check this link below:
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
NEC Laboratories Singapore (NLS) is a joint entity of NEC Laboratories and NEC APAC. We aim to create new social solutions and contribute towards the creation of Smart Nations around the world.
NEC Labs Singapore (Advanced Centre for Experimentation)
21 Biopolis Road #03-07
NEC Labs Singapore (Human Experimentation Area)
21 Biopolis Road #05-11/12